Our mission is to service association, club and invitational events, provide rules education, compile sample operational advisories, checklist and provide Rules support for all levels of competition.
This is a combined AGA/AWGA/JGAA services group positioned to ensure the highest quality tournament governance under the Rules of Golf managed by the joint Associations. The primary job is to:
- Ensure officials are competent for each assignment through training and on-course experience.
- Maintain a list of officials and their skill ratings, availability, preferred areas of work that includes all pertinent contact information.
- Facilitate assignments of officials to events sponsored by the three golf Associations in Arizona and selected other events.
- Act as a conduit to officials when organizations other than the three golf Associations wish assistance with events.
- Provide a Tournament Operations Manual and example support documents for use by clubs, event management and by rules officials.
- Populate the AzRC website with events for which they desire AzRC member
- Choose its Staff member in Charge (SIC).
- Choose a Rules Official in Charge (ROIC).
- Determine how many AzRC members and volunteers are needed, work times, and roles, and post them to the AzRC
- Determine uniform requirements for general members and volunteers at each event
- Provide food and beverage service for the time and duration of the work day or compensates appropriately.
- Lists any compensation available on the website for any given
- Set the course marking date, assign a leader and provide materials
- Report member days’ worked on the website form at the completion of each