What does the AzRC do?
The Arizona Rules Committee (AzRC) provides Rules and Tournament assistance to member associations of both the Arizona Golf Association (AGA) and Junior Golf Association of Arizona (JGAA), as well as to colleges within the state and to regional and national golf events held in Arizona. Our experienced Rules Staff is committed to helping train some of the best Rules Officials in the country and to working with Tournament Administrators to ensure top-notch tournament experiences for all participants.
Who Operates the AzRC?
The AzRC is a joint venture of the Arizona Golf Association and Junior Golf Association of Arizona,
and was formed to ensure Arizona tournaments receive the highest quality governance under the Rules of Golf.
* Ensures officials are competent for each assignment through training and on-course experience
* Maintains a list of officials and their skill ratings, availability, preferred areas of work and contact information
* Facilitates assignments of officials to events sponsored by the Associations
* Acts as a conduit to officials when organizations other than the Associations wish assistance with events
* Provides a Tournament Operations Manual and example support documents for use by clubs, event managers and Rules officials